After the 341 Meeting I got a Trustee Report “Motion to Dismiss.” Should I be worried?
- In the Western District of Virginia, the Trustee routinely files one of these in every Chapter 13 case to make sure their office has all the information it needs for your case to be confirmed.
- This motion is important - it contains a list of all the things the Trustee still needs for your case.
- Read the motion. If there are any documents on the list that the Trustee's office says it needs, please be sure to get these documents to our office within 48 hours.
- If we get all of the documents from you and resolve all of the Trustee’s requirements, your plan will be confirmed and you will not have to attend any more court hearings.
- If we don't get the documents from you, the case could drag on, delaying your relief. The worst case scenario is that your case could not be confirmed.
- You can make sure this does not happen by getting those documents to us in a timely manner.