How the Automatic Stay Stops Creditors from Calling or Contacting You in Any Way
Debt relief and bankruptcy attorney, Marshall Slayton, describes how the Automatic Stay in bankruptcy prevents creditors from calling or contacting you anymore.
- Are creditors harassing you, contacting you all of the time?
- People wonder if creditors can continue contacting them after they file bankruptcy.
- The great news is that, no, creditors cannot continue contacting you after you file bankruptcy because of something called the "automatic stay."
- The automatic stay is almost like magic - it prohibits your creditors from taking any action against you, including writing or calling you. Anything the creditor wants to do after you file bankruptcy must run through the court and your attorney's office.
- Calls pretty much stop overnight.
- When you file bankruptcy with Slayton Law, we will run interference for you so you don't have to worry about dealing with creditors again.
- If you are looking to regain your peace of mind, schedule your free appointment today.