Do I have to list ALL of my creditors in my bankruptcy?
It is very important to list all your creditors in your bankruptcy. Unfortunately, you cannot pick and choose.
- Yes, and this is very important.
- You cannot pick and choose who you include in your bankruptcy.
- You must include everyone who you are paying over time or are past due on payments, including your family, friends, and employer.
- If in doubt, list the creditor - it is better to be over-inclusive than under-inclusive.
- If you do not properly list all of your creditors in your bankruptcy, you could be denied a discharge, or worse, charged with a crime.