How many credit counseling courses do I have to take?
When you file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you must take two courses. Credit Counseling, and Financial Planning.
- When you file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you must take two courses:
- 1) Credit Counseling, and
- 2) Financial Planning
- The Credit Counseling course must be taken before your Chapter 7 bankruptcy can be filed.
- We strongly recommend that the Financial Planning course be taken prior to the 341 Hearing. It must be taken before you can get your discharge. If you wait too long, the court can close the case without a discharge.
- Slayton Law's preferred provider for these courses is DECAF. You can register for these courses at www.DECAFnow.com or by calling 866-859-7013. You will need to provide our attorney number: BTX95400. This will allow DECAF to send your certificate of completion (required by the court) directly to our office (rather than you having to do this).